Always looking for lunch ideas, I decided to make a light version of chili using turkey, white beans, and nutrient rich vegetables. It is colorful, festive, and full of flavor. A great spring time twist on the hearty winter meal. It definitely spiced up my day!
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- one half of an onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can small white beans
- 1 can black eye peas
- In a large deep saute pan, add the turkey, oil, cumin, paprika, onion, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir constantly, mixing the flavors and breaking up the turkey into small chunks.
- When the turkey is almost cooked through (about 5-7 minutes), add the chopped green peppers, yellow peppers, zucchini, diced tomatoes, white beans, and black eye peas.
- Cover and let simmer about 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Cook for the last 10 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!
One response to “Fiesta Chili”
Appreciate yyou blogging this