Easy Cheapsy Chicken Cacciatore
- One cup rice, cooked to package directions
- 1-2 pounds chicken tenderloins, or 1-2 chicken breasts
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 green peppers, sliced into strips
- one half of an onion, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, preferably garlic and onion flavored
- 1 package chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp. each thyme, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, and pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large coated saute pan, add the chicken tenderloins. Cook for a few minutes on each side, enough to sear each side, but not cook completely through.
- In a different saute pan, add the olive oil, green peppers, and onion and cook until tender.
- In the chicken pan, add the peppers and onion. Also add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and spices. Cook on medium heat, covered, until cooked through and all ingredients are tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!