Want to dip your toe into something curry? This mild recipe is the perfect introduction!
Curried Sweet Potato Stir Fry
- one block of tofu, cut into bite sized pieces and dried on towels
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- one half of an onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon sugar (or 1 tsp. of each)
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- one half cup dried cranberries
- To prep the tofu… cut into small blocks and set in between two towels for an hour to dry out.
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil and tofu pieces.
- Let sit on medium high heat for about 4 minutes…then flip the tofu to brown the other sides.
- Add the sweet potatoes, red pepper, onion, curry powder, cinnamon sugar, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Stir every few minutes to make sure that all sides get browned.
- When everything is just about tender, add the dried cranberries and stir for the last couple minutes.
- Serve hot. Can also serve over rice.
Happy Allergy Free Eating! Try something new.