Chocolate and coconut is a heavenly combination! Try these for your next dessert.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- two thirds cup white sugar
- one quarter cup gluten free flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- one quarter tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir well to combine.
- In a greased cookie sheet, drop rounded spoon fulls of the batter. You can use your hand to shape them.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the tops start to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool completely.
- In a double boiler or similar, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Dip half of each macaroon into the chocolate.
- Let sit, cool, and harden on wax paper.
Happy Allergy Free Desserting!