Lemon pepper has become my new favorite spice in the kitchen… on salads, in breakfast, on chicken… the possibilities are endless. Fresh and easy to find, it is a great spice to use to add some great flavor to any dish. Here, I used it in Traditional Chicken Piccata.
- 2 chicken breasts
- one quarter cup gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- one half cup white wine
- one half cup gluten free chicken broth
- juice of two lemons
- 2 tbsp. lemon pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Put the flour in a large bowl, and dredge each chicken breast into the flour, covering both sides.
- Place the floured chicken breasts into the heated saute pan.
- After 3 minutes (or until the bottom of the chicken starts to brown), flip the chicken breasts and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Stir a few times, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Put the chicken back in the pan.
- Sprinkle the lemon pepper, and 2 tbsp. chopped parsley over the chicken. (I also add the drained lemons to the pan for added flavor.)
- Cover and let simmer about 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with capers and remaining chopped parsley on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!