During the coldest time of year, I buy more coconut milk eggnog than I can actually drink… purely because I can only buy it once a year. So, looking for ways to use it, I made Baked Egg Nog Sweet Potatoes. I love sweet potatoes, and the eggnog was a great seasonal way to enjoy them!
Baked Egg Nog Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into very small pieces. I cut them into disks, and then each disk into fourths.
- three quarters cup coconut milk egg nog
- three quarters cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- Microwave the sweet potatoes pieces on high for 4 minutes to tenderize them.
- In a baking pan, combine the sweet potatoes, egg nog, sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Stir together and serve hot.
(If you want more of a casserole or souffle dish, add 2 tbsp. gluten free flour and 1 beaten egg)
Happy Allergy Free Eating!