For a little taste of fall in your kitchen, try dairy free mashed sweet potatoes sweetened with apple cinnamon!
Apple Cinnamon Shmash
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled
- olive oil for misting, about 2 tbsp.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- salt and pepper to season, about 1 tsp. each
- Chop the peeled sweet potatoes into quarter inch rounds.
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, spread out the sweet potato rounds and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a medium pot, place the tender sweet potato rounds. Add the apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, vegan butter, and salt/pepper.
- Mix together with a hand mixer until combined.
- Serve hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!
One response to “Apple Cinnamon Shmash”
Pingback: Sneaking in some Cinnamon | Balanced Fork, Healthy Life