My mother learned this recipe from my Nana and these potato pancakes have marked many of my dinners growing up. They are easy to make, delicious, and go with practically any meal. For breakfast with a side of bacon. For dinner topped with sour cream and chives. Alongside a burger topped with ketchup. I actually can’t believe I haven’t posted them yet! To make them even heartier for dinner, you can add shredded zucchini or carrots.
Shredded Potato Oh My Goodness
- 4 large white potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp. gluten free flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 tbsp. olive oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes.
- Grate the potatoes and onion into a large bowl (you can use a large cheese grater).
- Squeeze the potatoes and onions with paper towels until dry. This step is critical!
- Add the beaten egg, gluten free flour, salt and pepper. Mix all together.
- Over medium heat and 1-2 tbsp. olive oil, add the mixture in quarter cup clumps and flatten with a spatula to make pancakes.
- Fry the pancakes on each side until golden brown.
- Enjoy with any meal!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!