I had one of those crazy-get-home-late-and-don’t-know-what-to-make-for-dinner nights. So, I looked in the cabinets and settled on just plain gluten free pasta with tomato sauce. But then I looked a little deeper into the cabinets and decided to jazz it up a bit with some canned white beans, frozen spinach, and onion I had lying around. It turned out wonderfully delicious!
- one half box/bag of gluten free pasta (any size, any shape!)
- one half bottle tomato sauce
- one quarter of an onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- one can drained white beans
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the diced onion in the olive oil over medium heat.
- When the onion is tender, add the spinach and drained white beans. Sprinkle with dried oregano or parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté until spinach is cooked through.
- Add the jarred tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- When the pasta is done and drained, add your floren-bean sauce to the pasta and serve hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!