This weekend, I enjoyed some quality time with close friends. In keeping with the green theme of the weekend, I went searching for gluten free St. Patrick’s Day themed food. It was tougher than I thought, but I came across this AMAZING recipe for homemade peppermint patties from Elena’s Pantry. I was a little skeptical… that is, until I tasted the final product. It was a real peppermint patty! I couldn’t believe how real these tasted, and how easy they were to make. Thanks, Elena!
Homemade Peppermint Patties from Elena’s Pantry
- one half cup coconut oil
- one quarter cup honey
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- one cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey. Mix with a spoon until smooth and well combined.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and flatten them into patties. Put them onto a wax paper covered plate.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bowl.
- Drop each patty into the chocolate and use spoon to make sure it is covered in chocolate. Return the chocolate covered patties to the wax paper.
- Freeze again for another hour, at least.
- Keep cold until ready to serve.