So I’ve been stuck inside for a few days because of Blizzard 2013. Thankfully I did have power the entire time… which gave me an excuse to try a few things in the kitchen! Out came Coconut Blizzard Cookies. I love a good chocolate chocolate cookie, so here is a gluten and dairy free version. Delicious warmed up on a snowy day.
Coconut Blizzard Cookie
- 2 cups gluten free flour (preferably one with xantham gum, and if not, add some xantham gum)
- one half tsp. baking soda
- one half cup vegan butter, softened
- one third cup oil
- one third cup brown sugar
- two thirds cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- one third cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- one half cup shredded coconut, plus 3 tbsp. for topping
- one cup vegan chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (minus the 3 tbsp. coconut topping). Put the dry ingredients in first, then the wet ones and stir well.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop small rounded balls of dough, about two inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 16 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle extra coconut on top.
- Eat hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!