I decided to take on the challenge of making home made hummus to bring to a cookout this past weekend. It was so easy! I wouldn’t call it a challenge at all. It was quick and easy to make, and definitely cheaper than buying hummus in the grocery store. I will definitely make this again!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 red pepper, roasted in the oven for about 30 minutes and then skin peeled off
- 2 cans of chick peas, drained except for 2 tbsp. liquid from each can
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse on high until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free chips!
Happy Allergy Free Snacking!