My mom makes these perfectly crisped potatoes that are a great side to any meal, so I had to try them myself! Potatoes are a great base that you can add so many different flavors to. Here, I used garlic salt, lemon pepper, and paprika. Great flavor combination!
Crispy Garlic Potatoes
- one bag of small white potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- Wash the potatoes and cut each one in half.
- Steam them… either in a steamer or with a steamer insert and covered over boiling water. Steam about 8 minutes, until fork tender.
- Let them cool and dry out. The drier the better. (Mom is right about this… secret step to getting them crispy.)
- Coat a large saute pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Let the oil heat for 1-2 minutes.
- When the potatoes are very dry, put them in the large saute pan with the olive oil.
- Add the garlic salt, lemon pepper, paprika, and rosemary.
- Stir every couple minutes until they get to desired crispness, about 8-10 minutes.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!