Gearing up for a long full week, my lunches will be big portions of Roasted Eggplant Greek Salad. I love spending Sundays cooking some basics for the week, namely my lunches. This week I’m making pumped up Greek Salad with roasted eggplant, chickpeas, and homemade dressing. Very filling and easy to put together in the morning after a Sunday of brief cooking and chopping! This recipe will provide salads for the whole week, so adjust accordingly.
Roasted Eggplant Greek Salad
- one eggplant, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- one half of a red onion, cut into strips
- a few shakes of garlic salt
- a few shakes of lemon pepper
- 2 cans chick peas, drained
- grape tomatoes, cut in half
- two cucumbers, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- one jar kalamata olives, drained
- read leaf lettuce, washed and torn
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- one sprig rosemary
- 3 basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- On a cookie sheet, toss the eggplant and red onion pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes, until tender.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, rosemary, basil leaves, and salt and pepper. Shake well and let sit for a couple hours to let the herbs infuse.
- Over a bed of red leaf lettuce, toss grape tomatoes, cucumbers, chick peas, olives, eggplant, and red onion. (If you are a dairy person, you could add feta cheese.)
- Dress to your liking and enjoy!
- You could also bake some chicken tenders with lemon pepper at 375 degrees, cut into bite sized pieces, and toss with the salad for extra protein.
Happy Allergy Free Lunching!