Last week, I made fajitas at home and never had a chance to share them! I like making fajitas at home because you can add so much variety to them and really personalize your favorite flavors. I am also finding that ethnic foods fit well with my diet, so fajitas were a great weeknight meal for me.
First I made Smokey Corn and Beans:
- one can of drained black beans
- one half bag of frozen corn
- juice of one half of a lime
- 3 tbsp. smoked paprika
- a few handfuls of torn parsley
- In a large pan, add the beans, corn, lime juice, and paprika.
- Cover and put over medium heat. Stir every few minutes, until warmed through.
- Toss with a few handfuls of torn parsley.
- Serve on the side of fajitas, or right in the tortilla!
Then I sauteed chicken tenders and sliced green pepper and onions in a large saute pan with some olive oil. I added about 3 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tbsp. cumin, a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir and cover for about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and pepper and onions are tender.
To assemble fajitas, I used warm white corn tortillas topped with smokey corn and beans, chicken with peppers and onions, mild salsa, and guacamole. So tasty, I couldn’t stop at just one! Ole!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!