I have always been a big fan of dessert, but when you take wheat and dairy out of your diet… sweets become tougher to come by. I have slowly found my favorite sweet treats… such as allergy free homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and coconut milk ice cream. My venture this week was a coconut cookie… chocolate dipped coconut macaroons. They do have egg whites in them, but I don’t seem to have a reaction. Major plus! Although tempting to eat the whole batch, I won’t push my limits! In addition to being delicious, they are also super easy to make.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- two thirds cup white sugar
- one quarter cup gluten free flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- one quarter tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir well to combine.
- In a greased cookie sheet, drop rounded spoon fulls of the batter. You can use your hand to shape them.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the tops start to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool completely.
- In a double boiler or similar, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Dip half of each macaroon into the chocolate.
- Let sit, cool, and harden on wax paper.
Happy Allergy Free Desserting!
One response to “Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons”
Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future.
A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.