Beets. You either love them or hate them. I found out that I love them a year ago when a close friend made me try a salad that had beets on it. I was very skeptical, but took the first bite and couldn’t believe what I had been missing out on! I love their smokey, woody taste because they are so different than any other vegetable. I enjoy roasting my own beets in the oven, but wanted a beet recipe that didn’t take much time after a long work day. And so came Sweets and Beets with Rosemary Garlic Sauce. A great hearty side dish for any meal!
Sweets and Beets with Rosemary Garlic Sauce
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 2 cans beets (cut in rounds), drained
- olive oil for misting
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary (preferably fresh)
- On a cookie sheet, spread the sweet potato rounds and drained beet rounds.
- Mist with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes, until the sweets are tender.
- While the sweets and beets are roasting, make the sauce by combining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and rosemary. Whisk to combine.
- When the sweets and beets are done cooking, toss them with the rosemary garlic sauce.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!