Just like everyone else this time of year, I had a Christmas party to go to in the few final days of December. I wanted to make something festive for the season, as well as a finger food that I could eat. So, I made Balsamic Chicken Kebabs… easy, flavorful, and quick. I skewered them with artichoke hearts and roasted red pepper, to incorporate the colors of the season… but chicken kebabs have so much potential for any time of year… just change up the vegetables.
Balsamic Chicken Kebabs
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 small jars artichoke hearts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- one half cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least an hour.
- Marinate the bite sized chicken pieces in the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper, for at least 2-3 hours.
- On the skewers, thread artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper pieces, and marinated chicken bites in an alternating pattern.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot, with an extra drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!