Bacon. Onion. Potatoes. What a seriously delicious combination. I was looking for something hearty to make for dinner during these cold winter nights, and nothing sounded better than a combination of bacon, onion, and potatoes. Twice baked. Mouth watering.
Bacon and Onion Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- one quarter of an onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- Cut the potato in half, length wise.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until tender.
- While the potato is cooking, saute the bacon and onion bits in a saute pan until browned.
- When the potato is tender, scoop out the inside with a spoon… to leave just a hollow skin. Put insides into a bowl.
- Combine the sauteed bacon and onion with the potato insides. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the bacon, onion, and potato mixture back into the hollowed out potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!