Ready for something sweet?! After being diagnosed with allergies, I was determined to find alternatives to chocolate that still actually tasted like chocolate… I just couldn’t give it up! To my surprise, there are many dairy free and vegan chocolate chips out there that truly taste like the real thing, and actually are more chocolatey because they are made from actual cocoa. So, I recently made a sweet treat that I hope you enjoy.
Candied Chocolate Crackers
- 6 ounces plan gluten free crackers…. I used one box of Glutino brand, like Ritz crackers
- 5 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Melt the vegan butter and sugar in a bowl in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- On a cookie sheet, break up the crackers with your hands so they are small pieces but not finely ground. Make sure they stay close together, with no gaps in between the pieces.
- Pour the brown sugar butter evenly over the crackers.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 15 minutes, just until edges of the crackers start to brown.
- Pour the chocolate chips evenly over the crackers.
- Put back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate over the crackers so it melts and covers.
- Sprinkle the sea salt and coconut on top.
- Put in the fridge to cool for 45 minutes.
- Once it is cooled, take it out and break it up into pieces.
- Try to eat just one!