Egg Nog is one of those seasonal food items that I really miss being allergic to dairy. But then I found this!
What a relief! Bring on the egg nog martinis and egg nog in my morning coffee. Better yet… bring on the egg nog pancakes!
Egg Nog Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- one half cup sugar
- 1 egg or equivalent
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- one third cup egg nog
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup and 1 tsp. coconut syrup, for topping
- Combine the flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, egg nog, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Over a coated saute pan, spoon large clumps of batter and cook on medium heat. Leave a little space in between each pancake.
- Flip each pancake after cooking for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot, with 3 tbsp. maple syrup and 1 tsp. coconut syrup as topping!
Happy Allergy Free Breakfasting!
I cherish my weekend mornings… time to sleep in, wake up slowly, enjoy a mug of coffee, and make a big breakfast. I always try to eat a breakfast that is different from my usual quick smoothie routine, and this weekend, it was chocolate chip pancakes. Instead of using gluten free flour mixes, I decided to make my own… and they came out delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup soy flour
- one half cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (or equivalent)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. agave nectar
- one half tsp. salt
- one half cup chocolate chips
- one half tsp. baking powder
- cooking spray
- vegan butter, cinnamon, and syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, drop large circles of batter and cook on medium heat.
- When the pancakes start to bubble, flip each one to cook the other side.
- You will know when they are cooked because they won’t be drippy.
- Serve hot with some vegan butter, a dusting of cinnamon, and maple syrup!
Happy Allergy Free Eating… and Breakfasting!