I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen, but sometimes weeknights are hard even for someone who loves to cook! Stir fries are always quick and easy, and this one is particularly flavorful. I made it vegetarian, but you can add your favorite protein… cubed chicken, steak, or tofu. Also, these are my favorite flavors, but feel free to create your own and enjoy! Just make sure the veggies don’t get too mushy… that can totally ruin a flavorful stir fry. This recipe makes several meals.
Ginger, Orange, and Cashew Stir Fry
- one cup white rice, cooked to package directions
- 3 stalks celery, cut into small slivers
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into small rounds
- one quarter cup diced white onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- one red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- one green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- one cup frozen snap peas
- one cup frozen green peas
- one cup frozen corn
- one quarter cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. orange zest
- one quarter cup chopped cashews
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, add sliced celery, carrots, and onion to a large sauté pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Let them sweat for a few minutes and start to soften.
- Add the red and green pepper strips and continue to sauté just until veggies are barely soft.
- Add the snap peas, green peas, and corn.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, honey, and orange zest. Stir to combine. Continue stirring until well combined and heated through.
- When just about done, add the cooked white rice and stir through.
- Top with chopped cashews and enjoy!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!