Looking for a side to go with Boyfriend Chicken this week, I noticed some broccoli in the fridge. I usually love simple roasted broccoli, but wanted to dress it up a little. So I made a Walnut and Shallot Dressing to add to the broccoli. Delicious! And you really could add it to any veggie for a little dressed up flavor.
Broccoli with Walnut and Shallot Dressing
- one head of broccoli, chopped so only the heads remain
- sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- one quarter tsp. chopped garlic
- one quarter tsp. chopped shallot
- one quarter cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. agave sweetener
- On a large cookie sheet, add the broccoli and salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the edges start to crisp.
- While the broccoli is cooking, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, shallots, walnuts, and agave in a small bowl.
- When the broccoli is done cooking, smother it with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!