Over a very hot summer weekend, a few friends and I got together to hang out, enjoy some (gluten free for me) beer, and just enjoy the start to summer. I found a recipe for these bacon wrapped potato bites and knew they were perfect for a crowd. I followed this recipe pretty closely, but did make one change in the dip. The recipe calls for sour cream swirled with hot sauce. Instead, I made a dip for the Tato n’ Bacon Bites that had sour cream, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce in it. Talk about a party pleaser! I will definitely make these again. Note: the dip DOES have dairy in it.
Tato n’ Bacon Bites based on a recipe by TheKitchn
- one pound small red potatoes, cut into halves or quarters (so they are bite sized)
- salt and pepper to season
- one tsp. freshly chopped rosemary (finely chopped)
- one pound bacon, each piece cut into thirds
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- one half cup lite blue cheese dressing
- one quarter cup buffalo sauce
- Cut the potatoes so that they are bite sized.
- In a large saucepan, add the potatoes and enough water to cover them.
- Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes, just until barely fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool.
- Toss with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Wrap each potato bite with a one third piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the bites at 400 degrees about 25-30 minutes, until bacon starts to crisp.
- While they are baking, mix together the sour cream, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce.
- Serve hot, and dip in that buffalo goodness!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!