I love reading menus, naturally. I get ideas on what I can make in my own kitchen, and often find combinations that I haven’t thought of yet. Recently, I went to a local gluten free pizza place and read through their salad offerings. They had a beet said with goat cheese that sounded delicious (I LOVE beets)… but I instantly shook my head and told myself to save the $8 because I knew could make my own version. So here goes!
Beets with Honey Goat Cheese Dressing
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh parsley
- 1 can beets, drained
- one quarter cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl or salad dressing canister, combine the goat cheese, olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon pepper, salt, honey, and parsley. Use a fork to stir and combine until creamy.
- Drain beets and plate. (You could also put over a bed of lettuce for a greener salad.)
- Top the beets with the dressing and a sprinkle of walnuts.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!