I LOVE curry chicken… the kind from your favorite local Thai restaurant. I love the color, flavor, and the sauce that just goes perfectly over white rice. Here is my first attempt at my own version. Not perfect, but decent flavor. I want to try again soon… any suggestions are welcomed!
Curry Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
- one half of an onion, diced
- 5 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen snap peas
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- In a large sauté pan, add the oil, rice vinegar, and diced onion on medium heat. Stir for a few minutes to get hot.
- Add the chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Crisp each side about 3 minutes, just to get the chicken browned.
- Add the curry powder, chili powder, ginger, parsley, and brown sugar to evenly to each side of the chicken.
- Add the corn, snap peas, pepper strips, and coconut milk.
- Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes, until chicken cooks through.
- Serve hot, over rice, and with grated lime zest on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!