As summer winds down and the air gets colder, I am still trying to grill as much as I can… with a sweatshirt on. This weekend, I made Drunken Grilled Chicken, where the chicken literally sat in wine all day. Yum! It was a fresh, light, and flavorful marinade… perfect for the end of summer.
Drunken Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- one quarter cup white wine vinegar
- one half cup dry white wine
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- one quarter cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 lemon slices
- one half tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Make sure the chicken is sitting well under the liquid, and not much chicken is exposed… really get it dunked with the herbs and lemon slices sitting on top.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Transfer the chicken breasts, lemon slices, and herb stems onto a large piece of aluminum foil. Fold the foil up so that the chicken is covered, and in a loose package.
- Turn on the grill to medium heat. Place the foil package onto the grill, and let the chicken steam in the foil for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the foil, remove the herb stems and lemon slices, and let the chicken finish cooking on the grill grates. This way, it will be juicy and still have those nice grill marks.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Grilling!