I came across this soup recipe on the Whole Foods website and the flavors of coconut and curry intrigued me. I used this recipe’s flavor combo to make my own version. It was so delicious! More mild than I thought it was going to be, and perfect for lunch. You could add some white rice if you wanted to make it a dinner meal.
Coconut Curry Soup
- one half of a sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- half of a bag of baby carrots
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 box of frozen green beans, defrosted
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans of water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- half of a box of gluten free chicken broth
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped scallions
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute the onions, olive oil, and bay leaf until the onions soften.
- Add the baby carrots and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and stir until the chicken is partially cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the green beans, red pepper, water chestnuts, curry powder, ginger, and chili powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the can of coconut milk and heat for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, with scallions on top for garnish.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!