When I visited my parents a couple of weeks ago, I came downstairs in the morning to my mother making a seriously sour face. I looked at her quizzically, and she responded “lemon water.” She heard that drinking hot water with the juice of one lemon in the morning has some serious health benefits. Although sour sounding, the benefits seemed worth it. So, I have been drinking hot water with the juice of one lemon in the morning… and after a couple weeks, I have to admit that I feel great. I feel healthy, I am sleeping really well, and I feel energized.
So, I started researching the topic and found…
1) Hot water in the morning revs up your metabolism for the day. It gets the fire going after an entire night of sleep. (I haven’t slept so soundly or had so much energy, despite a tiring few work weeks.)
2) Lemon juice flushes toxins out of your body. It is a natural cleanser. (We all know lemon juice can clean around the house.)
3) While flushing toxins out of your body, it is cleaning your liver and flushing out fat… thus aiding weight loss. (I admit that my pants feel pretty good… with the lemon water and my exercise routine.)
4) Vitamin C in lemon juice boosts your immune system. (No colds yet this season!)
5) Lemon juice aids in allergy relief and breathing easily. (Despite the pollen, my runny nose has been actually dry!)
Sounds pretty good to me! All great reasons to pucker up in the morning. I admit that I actually crave it in the morning! I would rather it than a cup of coffee. Although, I did start drinking the lemon water through a straw so I don’t hurt my tooth enamel. Hope you find great benefits, too!